Updated: Aug 21, 2021
"The significant problems we have cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them"
What could possibly stop you from living your highest purpose?
I came into this world as an observer. I notice things and my mind takes me down a rabbit hole of contemplation. That is how these blog posts are born. I hope you enjoy my musings. So, here's what I am contemplating now.
When I was a young girl, this coffee mug intrigued me. We had a set of two from Mayflower Coffee Shop, opened in 1931 in Times Square, by the Doughnut Corporation. I’m not sure how we acquired them, but I do know that the message was supposed to come into my field of awareness. My sister has the original set, but I found mine on Ebay.
In case you can’t read the writing on the cup, it reads “As you ramble on through life brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the doughnut and not upon the hole.”
Fortunately for me, I always needed to find the meaning in everything (especially words) and that has taken me far on my path in life and revealed some amazing truths. As a young child, I asked what does this mean? Of course I want the doughnut, silly, the hole is nothing and is of absolutely no interest or value to me. Because, children always know what’s important and what's not, right...or is it that we are being conditioned at a young age to stay focused on the illusion of what others want us to see?
"The lion is most handsome when looking for food"
Illusion you say? Yes, illusion! Because even the words on that cup which seem so wise are misguiding us and creating a distraction. Notice, that the characters holding the doughnuts are similar to the archetype on the first card (which is actually numbered 0) of the Major Arcana in the Tarot deck. The Fool. The card of infinite potential. Even the two fools on the cup have different perspectives of the same doughnut. But, have no fear my friends because every hero's journey begins with us first being a fool.
"And so it is, that both the devil and the angelic spirits present us with objects of desire to awaken our power of choice"
"WOKE" NOT AWAKE
I have become acutely aware lately that the nothingness, is not actually that hole in the doughnut, but the doughnut itself and it is what most people are focused on. What do I mean by that? I’m referring to the the illusion being painted by the empty words, spoken by individuals on television and elsewhere that claim to be “woke” and yet have no idea what being awakened means. They claim to be spiritual people and yet speak of hatred toward another. There are those who claim to be leaders that wish to lead people from the darkness to the light, but then they shame others for wanting to achieve their highest human potential. This is all because they know we might realize that we are more than they want us to be. They are so out of touch with their soul and the words they speak are divisive and absolutely meaningless. Their words are only spoken to weave an illusion and stop us all from evolving. Those words create fear in people, they create dis-ease, they stop people from seeing the beauty of life and their full potential. Suddenly, from listening to all of this, people begin to feel heavy, they have no ambition, they see no hope moving forward. The people who speak these words are the same as the people that burned others at the stake and called them witches only because they found a way out of the darkness and were truly leading others into the light.
AWAKE NOT "WOKE"
When you are awake , you can’t possibly hate another because you know you are not separate from the other. When we are awake, we understand that suffering is not necessary. Suffering exists because we are attached to a particular outcome. If we can learn to be indifferent to the outcome and become heart centered, that is what really matters. Improving ourselves individually benefits the greater whole of humanity. We are like individual rain drops falling into the ocean, we are a part but we are also the whole. So, you see, there is no separation.
We were created by God with a fragment of his soul
We are a reflection of that fragment
Don’t let anyone divide US
WE are not separate races
WE All belong to human race
Together we create humanity
Find the UNITY in hUmaNITY
TOGETHER WE can create a better world for ALL
Were you place your consciousness is where your energy flows and manifests. So, I am inviting you to step inside of yourself, become the "Magician" and find the hero within. Through meditation, we can go deep within our soul and find the answers. Beyond the darkness of our closed eyelids is an amazing light. We just have to know where to go and journey deep enough to find it.
So many people are now inside the nothingness, and unable to see a light at the end of the tunnel. But, inside nothingness there is a faint light that still glows, and has the possibility to grow into a radiant light. That is the light of your soul. Just like Pandora's box, there is still a glimmer of hope left. What I want you to realize is that only you have the power to bring yourself fully into the light. Stop looking to others to do the job for you. Stop carrying around all of those things that are so heavy. And please stop waiting for a savior in a government leader. Look in the mirror. You are the savior you have been waiting for.
“Be the change you want to see in the world.”
I invite you to try the practices I have listed below to reignite that glowing ember that lives inside of you. This process will take some time, but you are worth it!
1. Write down all of the things that are making you feel heavy. These are the things that no longer serve you. Set the list aside.
2. Start a meditation practice. Even if its 10 minutes a day. Be remember to take some slow deep breaths as you begin.
3.When you wake up each morning, look in the mirror and say, “I love and accept myself.” Really look into your eyes and feel these words. This will most likely be the hardest part, but completely worth it.
4. Connect to your heart center and feel your heart radiating love into the world. Meditation is a great way to do that.
5. When you go out in public, smile at others with the intention of reflecting the sunlight on your face. This will benefit them and you!
6. Make a conscious effort to turn off the TV each day and use the phone less (tuning out all distractions is an important step). Be mindful of what you are letting into your field of awareness. Notice how distractions take you away from more important things you could be doing for yourself, family or community. And how much more peaceful you feel inside.
7. If you are able, take a walk in nature with the intention of noticing, in detail, everything you see and hear along the way. The joy is in the journey, not the destination. Bring a journal if you’d like and write down your thoughts and observations. (Do this as many days as possible. It might become a good habit)
8. When you speak to someone, be aware of the words you speak. When you walk away or hang up the phone, ask yourself, “How did my words make that person feel?” Really feel this.
9. Say “I love you” to a random stranger and mean it, on a human to human level. Leaving your comfort zone is when the greatest change occurs.
If you can't bring yourself to say it out loud, say it in your mind. It will have the same effect.
Maybe you can practice this by doing it mentally each time you hug someone or shake their hand.
10. Then I want you to get rid of the list you wrote in the first step of what makes you feel heavy. Make it a symbolic gesture and do it with the intention of releasing all of the things that are keeping you down and not allowing you to realize your full potential and be the super, amazing individual that you are.
You can find a creative way to rid yourself of this list, but here are couple of suggestions:
Burn the list over a fire pit or glass container with water in it
Tear the list up and bury it or tear it up and toss into a stream to float away
Do it in any way that makes you feel like you are really releasing those things.
The only cost to you for doing this is your time and hopefully the loss of a few things you were carrying around that you didn’t need, including negative ego. The winner of this practice is humanity. You see when we each work to improve ourselves, the whole world wins.
"Don't you know it yet? You are the light that lights the worlds"
Grasp the cup of life with both hands and drink from it! Can you drink this cup?
I Love you,